Skip to content
Strengthen Our parish (Community Building)
- Fall Pea-Soup: On an October Sunday, St. Gianna’s Knights will host a Fall Pea-Soup Lunch. It will be hosted outside the church after Mass and will include hot pea-soup, bread and hot cider or coffee. Great opportunity for fellowship. No charge, but donations will be gratefully accepted toward the Knights programs.
- Parish BBQ’s: Once a month from May to September, St. Gianna’s Knights will host a parish BBQ. It will be hosted outside the church after Mass. Will include the usual BBQ staples of hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks snacks, and treats. Great opportunity for fellowship. No charge, but donations will be gratefully accepted toward the Knights programs.
Encourage A Strong Catholic Faith
- Baptisms: St. Gianna’s Knights provide a gift for those children baptized in the parish.
- Marriages: St. Gianna’s Knights provide a gift for the parish’s newly married couples.
- Christmas Colouring Contest [KofC]: This is a contest for children to enter their drawn pictures which reflect Christ in Christmas. Knights judge pictures and present prizes. St. Gianna’s Knights host a pizza event for children to get together to create pictures.
- Men’s Retreat: St. Gianna’s Knights will host a parish Men’s Retreat during Lent. The event will be held at the church on a Saturday. It will include several focused presentations, discussions, lunch, and will conclude with a Mass.
- First Communion: St. Gianna’s Knights provide gifts for those in the parish who receive their first communion.
- Confirmation: St. Gianna’s Knights provide gifts for those in the parish who have been confirmed.
- Rose Sunday [KofC]: At the Mother’s Day Mass(es), St. Gianna’s will hand out roses to the mothers of our parish. To help Life’s vision initiatives that support the unborn, St. Gianna’s will accept donations which are then donated to Life’s Vision.
Support the Less Fortunate
- Chez Nous Clothing Drive: In conjunction with Chez Nous, a catholic outreach center, St. Gianna’s Knights will solicit and collect donations of new clothes from parishioners. A member of Chez Nous will be invited to speak at Mass and share stories of the work they do. The Knights will deliver the donated items to Chez Nous for distribution to the needy.
- Games Night [KofC]: As part of international Knights of Columbus wheelchair program and in conjunction with other local councils, St. Gianna’s Knight help host a charity casino event to raise money to purchase wheelchairs. This fun event includes various fun casino games, silent auction, snacks, drinks, and a lunch.
- Meals For The Needy: St. Gianna’s Knights will help to facilitate the parish’s Lenten almsgiving initiative. Donations from parishioners will be collected during Lent as a Fund Raiser for Agape Table:
We are a Community Nutrition Centre serving out of 175 Colony, near Broadway and Osborne. We offer a variety of emergency and low-cost meal and grocery programs to assist low-income residents of Winnipeg.
- “Grow a Garden” for Winnipeg Harvest: The Winnipeg Harvest Grow-A-Row Campaign invites people to grow a row of vegetables to donate to Winnipeg Harvest at seasons end. St. Gianna’s Knights will expand on this and plant an entire garden! A plot of land on church property to be prepared for growing vegetables for Winnipeg Harvest. Any church members with a green thumb are invited to help.
Promote Knight’s Brotherhood
- KofC Golf Tournament: Knights from St. Gianna join the larger Knights community for a day of golf and supper.
- KofC Bonspiel: Knights from St. Gianna join the larger Knights community for a curling bonspiel.
- Christmas Dinner: A gathering of our Knights council members and their wives to enjoy an evening of fellowship.
- Summer Celebration: A celebration of our year together and the hard work and fun we’ve had.
- Regular Meetings: Meetings are held to plan programs and events and usually conclude with some fellowship. Executive meetings on the first Tuesday of each month and General meetings on third Tuesday of each month. All meetings are held at the church.